Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 1a for Microsoft Office 2000 includes many files that have been updated to fix minor problems or to improve performance (the original release was Service Pack 1, but this was updated to version 1a after some bugs were found in it).
- Office core files: several Office core files have been updated to correct or improve the behavior of Office 2000 applications such as recent bugs and security holes in Word and Excel.
- Security updates, including the Excel 2000 SYLK file security updates and the Worm.Explore.Zip (Pack) Virus Alert.
- Office 2000 system-level components that are updated to Windows 2000 system levels.
- Microsoft Outlook security enhancements: new encryption capabilities have been added to Outlook 2000. You must explicitly enable this advanced level of security before it is available.
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.5: MDAC 2.5 features updated drivers, new data objects, and interface improvements for ActiveX data objects, OLE DB, and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) If you don’t have IE6 then it is advisable to update to IE6 or higher before downloading the Office patch.